Participants who do not comply with convention rules & regulations may, at the sole discretion of the Best Little Horror Con in Texas leadership, be removed from the convention and have their badge revoked without refund.
- A valid BLHCT event access badge or wristband must be worn on the premises and be visible at all times by all attendees.
- If an event admission badge or wristband is lost, it will not be replaced. It must be re-purchased.
- Please be courteous at all times and abide by all hotel rules and policies as well as all federal, state, and local laws.
- Any form of discrimination based on race, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, or national origin is prohibited.
- Assault, bullying, or threatening conduct for any reason is prohibited
- All posted signage must be observed.
- Be courteous during panels, workshops, screenings, and special events. If possible, turn off cell phones and keep noise to a minimum. Disruptive actions or noises are prohibited.
- Cosplay is not consent. Please treat cosplayers with courtesy and respect and do not attempt to touch them.
- Report any suspicious activities and/or violation of rules, policies, or laws to BLHCT staff.
- Smoking and vaping is allowed only in the hotel’s designated areas.
- Service animals are permitted entrance to BLHCT. Other animals or pets are prohibited from BLHCT except with express written permission.
- The use of non-ADA scooters, skateboards, hoverboards, segways, horses, chariots, bulldozers, jet engines and other similar items within the hotel or on hotel grounds is not allowed.
- Illegal substances
- Non-service animals
- Motorized vehicles
- Flammable liquids
- Open flames
- Non-commercial filming/photography/recording for personal use, including social media, is allowed as long as it is not disruptive to other attendees or the event itself.
- Filming or any other form of recording during panels, workshops, or other events requires permission of the panelist or event leader and a BLHCT representative.
- Commercial filming or recording of any part of BLHCT must be arranged in advance in writing with BLHCT leadership.
- Participants in the Best Little Horror Con in Texas, whether attendee, exhibitor, guest, staff, or volunteer, understand that they may be filmed, photographed, or in some way recorded as a part of their participation in the convention and that by choosing to participate in BLHCT they expressly give their consent to such recording and that they relinquish expectation of privacy, granting irrevocable and royalty and attribution-free right to publish, use, license, or otherwise exploit any form of recording made during the Best Little Horror Con in Texas, in whole or in part in perpetuity in all places, in all media for any promotional or other commercial purposes.
- The Best Little Horror Con in Texas is a family-friendly event. If your costume is deemed inappropriate, unsafe, or inconvenient to others, you may be asked to modify it, cover it, change it, or leave the convention.
- Prop weapons will be inspected for compliance to our Weapons Policy each time an attendee enters the convention. Prop weapons also may be inspected at any time in any part of the convention by staff, security personnel, or law enforcement to ensure compliance with the convention Weapons Policy.
- Children 10 years of age and under are admitted free with a parent or legal guardian.
- There is no kid’s pass for children over 10 years of age. They must purchase a regular pass.
- Children may not be left unattended at any time.
- If you find a lost child, please immediately report the child to BLHCT staff.
- Functional weapons of ANY kind are prohibited. This includes but is not limited to Airsoft, pellet guns, dart guns, water guns, any edged or pointed weapon, martial weapons, etc.
- Prop weapons must be made out of foam, wood, PVC, paper, cardboard, plastic, or other similar substances.
- Real weapons purchased at the con must remain peace-knotted until the weapon can be taken to your room or stowed in your car.
- Individuals with firearms permits including concealed weapons permits are prohibited from bringing such weapons to the con. Anyone found possessing a firearm weather legally or illegally will be expelled from the convention without refund.
- Replica pistols must be holstered at all times. Replica rifles must be slung at all times.
- Weapons check will ultimately have the last say as to whether or not a weapon is deemed too dangerous to be permitted onto convention grounds.
- Do not bring replica weapons that hotel security or law enforcement officers cannot tell are fake from ten feet away.
- Do not draw a weapon within the convention or anywhere on hotel grounds.
- We expect many BLHCT participants to conduct business at the con; however, retail sales are restricted to vendors and creators with booths in the approved vendor/artist areas.
- Solicitation, distribution of flyers or pamphlets, and any other marketing or sales techniques that have not been approved or that do not directly relate to the literary, film, or other creative projects of BLHCT participants are prohibited.
- Polling, market research surveys, or signature gathering activities are prohibited without prior written authorization by BLHCT leadership.
- Solicitation of donations or tips is prohibited without prior written authorization by BLHCT leadership.